So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
this needs to be in every art history books in 10 years
when u say something and it comes out meaner than u intended
Do not hate homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, grayAs, aromantics, ect
But do not hate heterosexuals.
Do not hate transgender, agender, non-binary people, ect
But do not hate cisgender people.
Do not hate people of color
But do not hate white people.
Do not hate women
But do not hate men.
Do not hate Christians
But do not hate non-Christians.
Hatred only breeds more hatred. Is it that hard to understand?
like if you love robots, reply if you love robots, reblog if you love robots, ignore if you are former president george w. bush
george w. bush stares in confusion and horror at his tumblr dashboard. his hand trembles over the reblog button. behind him, thousands of figurines line the walls. gundams, evas, wall-e, c-3po. r2d2 stares at him expectantly.
which part of his identity will he deny
mp3s that have like 30 seconds of silence at the end of the song
if you have a problem try looking at it another way, for instance upside down. ɯǝlqoɹd. what is that. not even a word. forget about it
it’s just so funny how you can just click with some people but not others, like you can meet a new friend who completely gets you in like 2 weeks and yet have a parent or relative who still doesn’t know your simplest likes and dislikes after 20 years. its weird
"so do you have a boyfriend?"
I begin to sweat, fumbling. I’m trying to shove them back into my pockets but it’s too late. thousands upon thousands of pictures of godzilla spill from my hands and into the floor, covered in kiss marks. there are so many.
dude i’m gonna frickin hold your hand so hard it’s gonna blow your mind with how hecka rad my affection is